Rias And Yours Magazine’s ‘Grandparent Of The Year’ Awards Returns For A Second Year
The 2012 Grandparent of the Year Awards are returning for a second year and will once again celebrate our amazing grandmothers and grandfathers across the UK. The programme continues to recognise the important role grandparents play by offering wisdom, experience, support and love to their families.
Over-50s insurance provider RIAS has again joined forces with Yours Magazine to search the nation for inspirational grandparents who go above and beyond. The public have until the Friday 3rd August 2012 to nominate their parents, friends, grandparents or themselves into any of the following categories:
• Hero Gran (or granddad) - nobody in the family knows how they would cope without her
• Granddad - he provides the fun and unforgettable magical memories
• Glam Gran – she looks fabulous and sets the bar in the glamour stakes
• Great Gran (or Grandad) - you will often find an inspirational great-gran at the head of a four-generation family
• Active Gran (or Grandad) - she’s got more energy than her grandchildren and can pack more into a day than people half her age
Each category winner will be in with a chance of being crowned the overall ‘Grandparent of the Year’ 2012.
To nominate a loved one, go online to www.yours.co.uk/gpoty2012.